Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Lesson Plan: The Eiffel Tower Opens to the Public
Grade Level: 6-8
Duration: 60 minutes
- Know the history of the Eiffel Tower
- Understand the significance of the Eiffel Tower
- Can describe the construction and opening of the Eiffel Tower
This lesson will be taught through a combination of lecture, discussion, and group activities.
- Textbook or online resources on the Eiffel Tower
- Images of the Eiffel Tower
- Paper and pencils for group activities
- Introduction (10 minutes): The teacher will introduce the topic of the Eiffel Tower and its significance in French history.
- Lecture (20 minutes): The teacher will give a brief lecture on the history of the Eiffel Tower, including its construction and opening to the public.
- Discussion (15 minutes): Students will discuss the significance of the Eiffel Tower and its impact on French culture.
- Group Activity (15 minutes): Students will work in groups to create a timeline of the construction and opening of the Eiffel Tower.
Assessment will be based on participation in group activities and a short written reflection on the significance of the Eiffel Tower.