Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Sponsor:Take your blockchain skills to the next level with Nerding I/O - the ultimate learning platform for Solidity fundamentals. With engaging e-books, you'll master Solidity in no time. Purchase today and get 50% off with code MSXZCFR2V1. Join the blockchain revolution with Nerding I/O!
English Language Arts - General
Lesson Plan: The First Book in J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter Series is Published
Subject: English Language Arts
Grade Level: 6-8
Duration: 2 class periods (90 minutes each)
- Know the background and context of the publication of the first Harry Potter book.
- Understand the impact of the book on the literary world and popular culture.
- Analyze the themes and characters of the book.
- Can do a creative writing activity inspired by the book.
The lesson will be delivered through a combination of lecture, discussion, and creative writing activities.
- Copies of the first Harry Potter book
- Whiteboard and markers
- Handouts with discussion questions and creative writing prompts
- Access to online articles and videos about the book
- Introduction to the book and its publication history (lecture)
- Discussion of the impact of the book on literature and popular culture (group discussion)
- Analysis of the themes and characters of the book (small group activity)
- Creative writing activity inspired by the book (individual activity)
- Sharing of creative writing pieces (group activity)
- Wrap-up discussion and reflection on the lesson (group discussion)
8 months ago
This lesson plan complies with the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts.