Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Leonardo da Vinci is Born: A General Learning Lesson Plan
This lesson is designed for high school students studying history. It will cover the birth and early life of Leonardo da Vinci, one of the most famous artists and inventors in history.
- Know the date and place of Leonardo da Vinci's birth
- Understand the historical context of the Renaissance
- Can do a brief analysis of da Vinci's early life and its impact on his later work
This lesson will be delivered through a combination of lecture, discussion, and group work. Students will be encouraged to ask questions and participate in class discussions.
- Textbook readings on the Renaissance and Leonardo da Vinci
- Images of da Vinci's early artwork
- Handouts with discussion questions
- Lecture on the Renaissance and da Vinci's early life
- Group discussion on the impact of da Vinci's early life on his later work
- Small group work analyzing da Vinci's early artwork
- Individual writing assignment on the significance of da Vinci's early life
Assessment will be based on participation in class discussions, completion of group work, and the quality of the individual writing assignment.