Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Paul Revere Makes His Famous Midnight Ride
This lesson is designed for a history class and will cover the events surrounding Paul Revere's famous midnight ride. The lesson will be approximately 60 minutes long and will be delivered in a classroom setting.
- Know the events leading up to Paul Revere's midnight ride
- Understand the significance of Paul Revere's midnight ride
- Can analyze primary sources related to Paul Revere's midnight ride
The lesson will be delivered through a combination of lecture, discussion, and primary source analysis. Students will be encouraged to participate in class discussion and will be given opportunities to work in small groups to analyze primary sources.
- Primary sources related to Paul Revere's midnight ride
- Textbook or online resources related to the American Revolution
- Whiteboard and markers
- Handouts for primary source analysis
- Lecture on the events leading up to Paul Revere's midnight ride
- Class discussion on the significance of Paul Revere's midnight ride
- Small group analysis of primary sources related to Paul Revere's midnight ride
- Individual assessment of primary source analysis
Assessment will be based on participation in class discussion, group work, and individual assessment of primary source analysis.
This lesson plan is compliant with the Common Core State Standards for History/Social Studies.