Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
The Hubble Space Telescope is launched into orbit
In this lesson, students will learn about the Hubble Space Telescope and its launch into orbit. They will explore the history of the telescope, its purpose, and the impact it has had on our understanding of the universe.
- Know the history of the Hubble Space Telescope
- Understand the purpose of the Hubble Space Telescope
- Can explain the impact the Hubble Space Telescope has had on our understanding of the universe
This lesson will be delivered through a combination of lecture, discussion, and hands-on activities. Students will be encouraged to ask questions and participate in group discussions.
- Hubble Space Telescope images and videos
- Textbook readings
- Interactive online resources
- Paper and pencils for note-taking
- Introduction to the Hubble Space Telescope and its history
- Discussion of the purpose of the Hubble Space Telescope
- Hands-on activity: Analyzing Hubble Space Telescope images
- Group discussion: The impact of the Hubble Space Telescope on our understanding of the universe
- Conclusion: Reflection on what was learned
Assessment will be based on participation in group discussions, completion of the hands-on activity, and a short written reflection on what was learned.