Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
The First Successful Flight of the Wright Brothers' Airplane
Details of the Lesson
This lesson is designed for high school students studying history. It will cover the first successful flight of the Wright Brothers' airplane.
- Know the history of the Wright Brothers' airplane
- Understand the significance of the first successful flight
- Can do a research project on the Wright Brothers' airplane
The lesson will be taught through a combination of lecture, discussion, and research. Students will be encouraged to ask questions and participate in class discussions.
- Textbook: The Wright Brothers: How They Invented the Airplane by Russell Freedman
- Online resources: Wright Brothers National Museum website, Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum website
- Research materials: paper, pens, computers
- Lecture on the history of the Wright Brothers' airplane
- Class discussion on the significance of the first successful flight
- Research project: Students will be assigned a research project on the Wright Brothers' airplane. They will be required to write a research paper and give a presentation to the class.
Students will be assessed on their participation in class discussions and their research project.
The First Successful Flight of the Wright Brothers' Airplane: A High School History Lesson Plan