Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Earth Day Lesson Plan
This lesson is designed for middle school students and will cover the history and significance of Earth Day. The lesson will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
- Know the history of Earth Day and its significance
- Understand the importance of environmental awareness
- Can do: Create an action plan to reduce their environmental impact
The lesson will begin with a brief introduction to the history of Earth Day and its significance. Students will then watch a short video about environmental issues and discuss the impact of human activities on the environment. Next, students will work in small groups to brainstorm ways to reduce their environmental impact and create an action plan. Finally, students will present their action plans to the class.
- Projector and screen
- Computer or tablet
- Internet access
- Whiteboard and markers
- Handouts for brainstorming and action plan
- Introduction to Earth Day and its significance (10 minutes)
- Watch video and discuss environmental issues (20 minutes)
- Brainstorm ways to reduce environmental impact and create an action plan (20 minutes)
- Present action plans to the class (10 minutes)
Assessment will be based on participation in group activities and the quality of the action plan.