Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Lesson Plan: President Abraham Lincoln's Assassination
Grade Level: High School
Duration: 1 hour
- Know the events leading up to President Lincoln's assassination
- Understand the impact of Lincoln's death on the nation
- Can analyze primary sources related to the assassination
This lesson will be taught through a combination of lecture, discussion, and primary source analysis.
- Primary sources related to Lincoln's assassination (newspaper articles, diary entries, etc.)
- Whiteboard and markers
- Handouts with discussion questions
Introduction (10 minutes)
The teacher will give a brief lecture on the events leading up to Lincoln's assassination.
Primary Source Analysis (30 minutes)
Students will work in small groups to analyze primary sources related to Lincoln's assassination. They will answer discussion questions and share their findings with the class.
Class Discussion (15 minutes)
The class will discuss the impact of Lincoln's death on the nation.
Assessment (5 minutes)
Students will individually write a short reflection on what they learned during the lesson.