Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Lesson Plan: The Bay of Pigs Invasion
Details of the Lesson
This lesson will cover the Bay of Pigs invasion, a failed attempt by a group of Cuban exiles backed by the United States to invade Cuba in 1961. The lesson will explore the reasons behind the invasion, the events leading up to it, and the consequences of its failure.
- Know the reasons behind the Bay of Pigs invasion
- Understand the events leading up to the invasion
- Understand the consequences of the invasion's failure
The lesson will be delivered through a combination of lecture, discussion, and group activities. Students will be encouraged to participate in discussions and share their thoughts and opinions on the topic.
- Textbook: The Bay of Pigs: The Untold Story by Peter Wyden
- Online articles and videos about the Bay of Pigs invasion
- Handouts with discussion questions and group activity instructions
- Lecture on the reasons behind the Bay of Pigs invasion
- Group discussion on the events leading up to the invasion
- Group activity where students will create a timeline of the invasion and its aftermath
Assessment will be based on participation in discussions and group activities, as well as a written reflection on the consequences of the Bay of Pigs invasion.