Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Lesson Plan: Vladimir Lenin, the Founder of the Soviet Union, is Born
Grade Level: High School
Duration: 1 hour
- Know the life and contributions of Vladimir Lenin
- Understand the impact of Lenin's ideas on the Soviet Union and the world
- Can analyze primary sources related to Lenin and his legacy
This lesson will use a combination of lecture, discussion, and primary source analysis to engage students in learning about Vladimir Lenin.
- Textbook readings on Lenin and the Soviet Union
- Primary source documents related to Lenin and his legacy
- Whiteboard and markers
- Projector and screen
- Introduction (5 minutes): The teacher will introduce the topic of Vladimir Lenin and his significance in world history.
- Lecture (20 minutes): The teacher will provide a brief lecture on Lenin's life and contributions to the Soviet Union.
- Discussion (15 minutes): Students will discuss the impact of Lenin's ideas on the Soviet Union and the world.
- Primary Source Analysis (15 minutes): Students will analyze primary source documents related to Lenin and his legacy.
- Conclusion (5 minutes): The teacher will summarize the key points of the lesson and provide an opportunity for students to ask questions.
Students will be assessed on their participation in class discussion and their analysis of primary source documents related to Lenin and his legacy.
This lesson plan is compliant with the Common Core State Standards for History/Social Studies.