Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Creating a Solar-Powered Car Project
For this project, students will work in groups to design and build a solar-powered car. The project will cover topics such as renewable energy, engineering, and physics.
- Understand the principles of renewable energy and how it can be used to power vehicles
- Apply engineering and physics concepts to design and build a functional car
- Work collaboratively in a group to complete a project
Students will be divided into groups and given a set of materials to build their car, including a solar panel, motor, wheels, and chassis. They will be provided with instructions on how to assemble the car, but will be encouraged to modify and improve upon the design. Throughout the project, students will be required to document their progress and present their findings to the class.
- Solar panels
- DC motors
- Tools (screwdrivers, pliers, etc.)
- Instruction manual
- Divide students into groups of 3-4
- Distribute materials and instruction manual to each group
- Encourage students to modify and improve upon the design
- Have students document their progress and present their findings to the class
- Design and build the car
- Test the car's performance in different conditions (e.g. sunny vs. cloudy weather)
- Document progress and present findings to the class
Students will be assessed on their ability to work collaboratively in a group, their understanding of renewable energy and engineering concepts, and the functionality and performance of their car.