Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Creating a Digital Portfolio
In this project, students will learn how to create a digital portfolio to showcase their work and progress throughout the school year. The project will cover the following learning outcomes:
- Know how to use digital tools to create a portfolio
- Understand the importance of organization and presentation in a portfolio
- Can create a digital portfolio that showcases their work and progress
The project will be divided into three parts:
- Introduction to digital portfolios and tools (1 class period)
- Organizing and creating content for the portfolio (2-3 class periods)
- Presenting and sharing the portfolio with the class (1 class period)
- Access to computers or tablets
- Online portfolio creation tools such as Google Sites or Wix
- Classroom materials such as paper, markers, and scissors for creating physical elements to include in the portfolio
1. Introduce the concept of digital portfolios and showcase examples of portfolios created by other students or professionals.
2. Provide students with access to online portfolio creation tools and guide them through the process of creating their own portfolio.
3. Encourage students to include a variety of content in their portfolio, such as written work, artwork, and multimedia projects.
4. Provide time for students to organize and create content for their portfolio.
5. Once portfolios are complete, have students present and share their portfolios with the class.
Assessment will be based on the following criteria:
- Organization and presentation of the portfolio
- Inclusion of a variety of content
- Overall quality and effort put into the portfolio