Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
DIY Weather Station
For this project, students will create their own weather station to learn about weather patterns and how to measure temperature, wind speed, and precipitation. This project will enhance their understanding of science and technology.
- Know how to measure temperature, wind speed, and precipitation
- Understand how weather patterns work
- Can create a functional weather station
Students will work in groups of 3-4 to create their own weather station. They will be provided with a list of materials including a thermometer, anemometer, rain gauge, and a barometer. They will be given instructions on how to assemble the weather station and how to use each instrument to measure weather patterns. They will also be given a worksheet to record their observations.
- Rain gauge
- Instructions for assembly and use of instruments
- Worksheet for recording observations
- Divide students into groups of 3-4
- Provide each group with the materials and instructions
- Have students assemble the weather station and test each instrument
- Assign each group a week to record weather patterns and observations
- Have students present their findings to the class
Students will be assessed on their ability to assemble the weather station, use each instrument correctly, and record accurate observations. They will also be assessed on their presentation skills and ability to communicate their findings to the class.