Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Sponsor:Take your blockchain skills to the next level with Nerding I/O - the ultimate learning platform for Solidity fundamentals. With engaging e-books, you'll master Solidity in no time. Purchase today and get 50% off with code MSXZCFR2V1. Join the blockchain revolution with Nerding I/O!
History - General
Lesson Plan: The Infamous Salem Witch Trials
Grade Level: High School
Duration: 90 minutes
- Know the historical context of the Salem Witch Trials
- Understand the events leading up to the first accused witches being arrested
- Analyze the impact of the Salem Witch Trials on American history
- Can do: Write a short essay analyzing the causes and effects of the Salem Witch Trials
This lesson will be taught through a combination of lecture, class discussion, and individual writing.
- Textbook readings on the Salem Witch Trials
- Primary source documents related to the trials
- Whiteboard and markers
- Paper and pens
- Introduction (10 minutes): The teacher will introduce the topic of the Salem Witch Trials and provide some historical context.
- Lecture (20 minutes): The teacher will give a brief lecture on the events leading up to the first accused witches being arrested.
- Class Discussion (30 minutes): The class will discuss the impact of the Salem Witch Trials on American history.
- Individual Writing (30 minutes): Students will write a short essay analyzing the causes and effects of the Salem Witch Trials.
- Conclusion (10 minutes): The teacher will summarize the key points of the lesson and provide an opportunity for students to ask questions.
6 months ago
This lesson plan complies with all relevant state and federal education standards.