Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Queen Victoria Ascends to the Throne of the United Kingdom
This lesson will cover the ascension of Queen Victoria to the throne of the United Kingdom. Students will learn about the historical context of the time, the life of Queen Victoria, and the impact of her reign on the United Kingdom.
- Know the historical context of Queen Victoria's ascension to the throne
- Understand the life of Queen Victoria and her impact on the United Kingdom
- Can analyze primary sources related to Queen Victoria's reign
This lesson will be delivered through a combination of lecture, group discussion, and primary source analysis. Students will be encouraged to ask questions and engage in critical thinking throughout the lesson.
- Textbook readings on Queen Victoria and the Victorian era
- Primary source documents related to Queen Victoria's reign
- Whiteboard and markers
- Projector and screen
- Lecture on the historical context of Queen Victoria's ascension to the throne
- Group discussion on the impact of Queen Victoria's reign on the United Kingdom
- Primary source analysis of letters and speeches by Queen Victoria
- Individual reflection on the significance of Queen Victoria's reign
Assessment will be based on participation in group discussion, analysis of primary sources, and a written reflection on the significance of Queen Victoria's reign.