Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Lesson Plan: The United Nations Charter is signed by 50 countries in San Francisco, California, establishing the international organization
Details of the Lesson
This lesson is designed for high school students studying history. It will cover the signing of the United Nations Charter in San Francisco, California, and the establishment of the international organization. The lesson will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
- Know the history of the United Nations Charter and its significance
- Understand the purpose and structure of the United Nations
- Can analyze the impact of the United Nations on global politics
The lesson will begin with a brief lecture on the history of the United Nations Charter and its significance. Students will then work in small groups to analyze the purpose and structure of the United Nations. The groups will present their findings to the class, and a class discussion will follow. Finally, students will complete a short quiz to assess their understanding of the material.
- Textbook or online resources on the United Nations Charter
- Whiteboard and markers
- Quiz materials
- Lecture on the history of the United Nations Charter and its significance
- Small group work to analyze the purpose and structure of the United Nations
- Group presentations and class discussion
- Short quiz to assess understanding of the material