Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
The Second Sino-Japanese War Begins: A General Learning Lesson Plan
This lesson is designed for high school students studying world history. It will cover the beginning of the Second Sino-Japanese War, with Japan invading China and leading to years of conflict. The lesson will take approximately 90 minutes to complete.
- Know the key events that led to the Second Sino-Japanese War
- Understand the impact of the war on China and Japan
- Can analyze primary sources to gain a deeper understanding of the conflict
The lesson will begin with a brief lecture on the events leading up to the Second Sino-Japanese War. Students will then work in pairs to analyze primary sources, such as newspaper articles and political cartoons, to gain a deeper understanding of the conflict. The class will then come together for a group discussion on the impact of the war on China and Japan.
- Primary source documents (newspaper articles, political cartoons, etc.)
- Whiteboard and markers
- Projector and screen
- Brief lecture on events leading up to the Second Sino-Japanese War (20 minutes)
- Pair work analyzing primary sources (30 minutes)
- Group discussion on impact of the war on China and Japan (30 minutes)
- Wrap-up and review (10 minutes)