Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Lesson Plan: The United States Congress authorizes the Medal of Honor
Grade level: High School
Duration: 1 hour
- Know the history and significance of the Medal of Honor
- Understand the criteria for receiving the Medal of Honor
- Can explain the impact of the Medal of Honor on military culture and society
This lesson will be delivered through a combination of lecture, discussion, and group activities.
- Textbook or online resources on the Medal of Honor
- Whiteboard and markers
- Handouts with Medal of Honor criteria and examples
- Group activity materials (paper, pens, etc.)
- Introduction (10 minutes): The teacher will introduce the Medal of Honor and its significance in military culture and society.
- Lecture (20 minutes): The teacher will provide a brief history of the Medal of Honor and its criteria for receiving.
- Discussion (15 minutes): Students will discuss the impact of the Medal of Honor on military culture and society.
- Group Activity (15 minutes): Students will work in groups to research and present on a Medal of Honor recipient.
- Conclusion (5 minutes): The teacher will summarize the key points of the lesson and answer any remaining questions.
Assessment will be based on participation in group activities and a short written reflection on the impact of the Medal of Honor.