Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Lesson Plan: Apollo 15 Astronauts Drive on the Moon
Grade Level: High School
Duration: 1 hour
- Know the names of the Apollo 15 astronauts who drove on the moon's surface
- Understand the significance of the first lunar rover mission
- Can analyze the impact of the lunar rover on future space exploration
This lesson will be taught through a combination of lecture, discussion, and hands-on activities.
- Textbook or online resources about the Apollo 15 mission
- Images and videos of the lunar rover
- Paper and pencils for note-taking
- Lunar rover model or simulation software for hands-on activity
- Introduction to the Apollo 15 mission and the lunar rover
- Lecture on the significance of the first lunar rover mission
- Discussion on the impact of the lunar rover on future space exploration
- Hands-on activity: Building and testing a lunar rover model or using simulation software
- Conclusion and review of key concepts
Assessment will be based on participation in class discussion and completion of the hands-on activity.
This lesson plan complies with the Common Core State Standards for History and the Next Generation Science Standards.