Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Creating a Digital Storybook
In this project, students will learn about the elements of a story and how to create a digital storybook using technology. The learning outcomes for this project include:
- Identifying the elements of a story
- Creating a plot and characters for a story
- Using technology to create a digital storybook
Students will begin by learning about the elements of a story, including plot, characters, setting, and conflict. They will then brainstorm ideas for their own story, including creating a plot and characters. Once they have a basic idea for their story, they will use technology to create a digital storybook. This can be done using a variety of tools, such as Google Slides, PowerPoint, or even a website builder like Wix or Weebly.
- Computers or tablets with internet access
- Software or online tools for creating digital storybooks
- Art supplies for creating illustrations (optional)
- Introduce the concept of a story and the elements of a story to the class.
- Brainstorm ideas for a story as a class, discussing plot, characters, and setting.
- Have students work individually or in pairs to create their own story, using the elements of a story they have learned about.
- Once students have a basic idea for their story, introduce them to the technology they will be using to create their digital storybook.
- Provide time for students to work on their digital storybooks, offering support and guidance as needed.
- Once students have completed their digital storybooks, have them share their stories with the class.
Assessment for this project can be done through observation of student participation and engagement, as well as through the final product of the digital storybook. Rubrics can also be used to assess specific elements of the story, such as plot, characters, and setting.