Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Creating a Digital Language Learning Game
In this project, students will work in groups to create a digital language learning game using Scratch. The project will cover the basics of programming, game design, and foreign language vocabulary. By the end of the project, students will have a better understanding of programming concepts, game design, and foreign language vocabulary.
- Understand basic programming concepts
- Design and create a digital game using Scratch
- Learn and practice foreign language vocabulary
Students will work in groups of 3-4 to create a digital language learning game using Scratch. They will start by brainstorming game ideas and selecting a foreign language to focus on. They will then design the game, create the graphics and audio, and program the game mechanics. Throughout the project, students will learn and practice foreign language vocabulary related to their game.
- Computers with Scratch installed
- Foreign language vocabulary lists
- Art supplies for creating game graphics
- Divide students into groups of 3-4
- Brainstorm game ideas and select a foreign language to focus on
- Design the game, including graphics and audio
- Program the game mechanics using Scratch
- Practice foreign language vocabulary related to the game
- Test and refine the game
- Present the game to the class
Students will be assessed on their ability to work collaboratively, design and program a game using Scratch, and incorporate foreign language vocabulary into their game. Assessment will be based on a rubric that includes criteria such as creativity, functionality, and language proficiency.