Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Creating a Digital Portfolio
In this project, students will create a digital portfolio to showcase their work throughout the year. The portfolio will include written assignments, presentations, and other projects completed in class. This project will allow students to reflect on their learning and progress throughout the year, while also developing important digital skills.
- Develop digital literacy skills
- Reflect on learning and progress
- Organize and present work in a professional manner
Students will be introduced to various digital tools and platforms for creating a portfolio, such as Google Sites, Wix, or Weebly. They will then select a platform and begin organizing their work into different sections, such as written assignments, presentations, and projects. Students will also be required to write reflections on their work and progress throughout the year.
- Access to computers and internet
- Digital portfolio platforms (Google Sites, Wix, Weebly, etc.)
- Rubric for assessment
- Introduce the project and explain the purpose of a digital portfolio
- Provide examples of digital portfolios and different platforms
- Allow students time to explore different platforms and select one to use
- Provide guidelines for organizing and presenting work in the portfolio
- Require students to write reflections on their work and progress throughout the year
- Assess portfolios using a rubric that includes criteria such as organization, presentation, and reflection
- Exploring different digital portfolio platforms
- Organizing and presenting work in the portfolio
- Writing reflections on learning and progress
- Peer review and feedback on portfolios
Portfolios will be assessed using a rubric that includes criteria such as organization, presentation, and reflection. Students will also be required to present their portfolios to the class and receive peer feedback.