Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Creating a Digital Portfolio
In this project, students will learn how to create a digital portfolio to showcase their work and progress throughout the school year. The project will cover the following learning outcomes:
- Know how to use digital tools to create a portfolio
- Understand the importance of organization and presentation in a portfolio
- Can do create a digital portfolio that showcases their work and progress
The project will be divided into three parts:
- Research: Students will research different digital tools that can be used to create a portfolio. They will also learn about the importance of organization and presentation in a portfolio.
- Creation: Students will use the digital tool of their choice to create their portfolio. They will be given guidelines on what to include in their portfolio, such as their best work from each subject, a self-reflection, and a goal for the next school year.
- Presentation: Students will present their portfolios to the class. They will explain their choices and reflect on their progress throughout the school year.
- Access to computers or tablets
- Digital portfolio tools such as Google Sites, Wix, or Weebly
- Guidelines for portfolio creation
- Assessment rubric
1. Introduce the project to the class and explain the learning outcomes.
2. Provide students with resources and materials needed to complete the project.
3. Divide the project into three parts: research, creation, and presentation.
4. Provide guidelines for portfolio creation and an assessment rubric.
5. Allow students time to work on their portfolios.
6. Schedule presentation days and allow time for students to present their portfolios to the class.
- Research different digital tools for creating a portfolio
- Create a digital portfolio using the tool of their choice
- Present their portfolio to the class and reflect on their progress throughout the school year
Assessment will be based on the following criteria:
- Organization and presentation of the portfolio
- Inclusion of required elements
- Reflection on progress and goal setting
- Quality of presentation