Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Mathematical Shapes Collage
In this activity, students will learn about different shapes and their properties. The learning outcomes include:
- Know the names of basic shapes such as circle, square, triangle, and rectangle
- Understand the properties of each shape, such as the number of sides and corners
- Can identify and sort shapes based on their properties
Start by introducing the different shapes to the students. Use visual aids such as flashcards or posters to help them identify each shape. Then, explain the properties of each shape, such as the number of sides and corners. You can also use real-life examples of each shape to help them understand better.
Next, provide the students with materials such as construction paper, scissors, glue, and markers. Instruct them to create a collage using different shapes. Encourage them to use their creativity and make the collage as colorful as possible.
After the students have completed their collages, have them present their work to the class. Ask them to identify the shapes they used and explain their properties. This will help assess their understanding of the topic.
- Flashcards or posters of different shapes
- Construction paper
- Introduce the different shapes to the students
- Explain the properties of each shape
- Provide materials for the students to create a collage
- Have the students present their work to the class
Assess the students' understanding of the topic by observing their participation in the activity and their ability to identify and explain the properties of each shape. You can also ask them to complete a worksheet or quiz to further assess their understanding.