Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Creating a Classroom Garden
In this project, students will learn about the basics of gardening and agriculture while creating a classroom garden. The learning outcomes for this project include:
- Understanding the importance of plants and agriculture in our daily lives
- Identifying the basic needs of plants (water, sunlight, soil, etc.)
- Learning how to plant and care for a garden
- Working collaboratively with classmates to achieve a common goal
The project will begin with a classroom discussion about the importance of plants and agriculture. Students will then work in small groups to plan and design their garden, taking into consideration the types of plants they want to grow and the space available in the classroom. Once the design is complete, students will work together to plant and care for the garden, taking turns watering and monitoring the plants. Throughout the project, students will keep a journal to document their progress and reflect on their learning.
- Seeds or seedlings
- Pots or planters
- Watering cans or spray bottles
- Gardening gloves
- Journals or notebooks
1. Begin by discussing the importance of plants and agriculture with your students.
2. Divide students into small groups and have them plan and design their garden.
3. Purchase or gather the necessary materials and set up a designated area for the garden.
4. Have students work together to plant and care for the garden, taking turns watering and monitoring the plants.
5. Encourage students to keep a journal to document their progress and reflect on their learning.
Assessment for this project will be ongoing and will include:
- Observation of students working collaboratively
- Review of students' journals or notebooks
- Evaluation of the health and growth of the plants in the garden