Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Creating a Digital Portfolio
In this project, students will create a digital portfolio to showcase their learning and growth throughout the school year. The portfolio will include various types of media such as text, images, videos, and audio recordings. The project will be divided into three phases: planning, creating, and presenting.
- Students will be able to organize and present their learning in a creative and engaging way.
- Students will develop digital literacy skills by using various types of media to communicate their ideas.
- Students will reflect on their learning and growth throughout the school year.
Students will work individually or in small groups to create their digital portfolios. The teacher will provide guidance and support throughout the project. The project will be divided into three phases:
- Planning: Students will brainstorm ideas for their portfolio and create a plan for the content and structure. They will also gather and organize the media they will use.
- Creating: Students will use various tools and software to create their digital portfolios. They will incorporate text, images, videos, and audio recordings to showcase their learning and growth.
- Presenting: Students will present their digital portfolios to the class. They will explain their thought process, reflect on their learning, and answer questions from their peers.
- Computers or tablets with internet access
- Various software and tools for creating digital media (e.g. Google Docs, Canva, iMovie, Audacity)
- Rubric for assessing the digital portfolios
1. Introduce the project to the students and explain the three phases.
2. Provide examples of digital portfolios to inspire and guide the students.
3. Allow time for students to brainstorm ideas and create a plan for their portfolio.
4. Provide guidance and support as students create their digital portfolios.
5. Schedule time for students to present their portfolios to the class.
- Brainstorming and planning session
- Creating digital media (text, images, videos, audio recordings)
- Presenting digital portfolios to the class
Students will be assessed based on the rubric provided. The rubric will include criteria such as organization, creativity, use of media, and reflection on learning.