Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Creating a Digital Storybook
In this project, students will learn how to create a digital storybook using technology. The project will involve writing a story, creating illustrations, and using digital tools to bring the story to life. By the end of the project, students will have a better understanding of storytelling, digital tools, and how to create a cohesive project.
- Understand the elements of a story
- Learn how to use digital tools to create illustrations
- Develop skills in writing and editing
- Learn how to use technology to create a digital storybook
The project will be broken down into several steps:
- Brainstorming and writing a story
- Creating illustrations using digital tools
- Combining the story and illustrations into a digital storybook
- Editing and revising the storybook
- Computers or tablets with internet access
- Digital drawing tools such as Paint or Sketchpad
- Storybook creation software such as Book Creator or StoryJumper
1. Begin by discussing the elements of a story with your students. This can include characters, setting, plot, and conflict.
2. Have students brainstorm ideas for their own story. Encourage them to think creatively and come up with unique ideas.
3. Once students have a story idea, have them create illustrations using digital drawing tools. This can include creating characters, backgrounds, and other elements of the story.
4. Using storybook creation software, have students combine their story and illustrations into a digital storybook. Encourage them to use different features such as text, audio, and animations to bring their story to life.
5. Have students edit and revise their storybook, making sure that it is cohesive and engaging.
1. Brainstorming and writing a story
2. Creating illustrations using digital tools
3. Combining the story and illustrations into a digital storybook
4. Editing and revising the storybook
Assessment will be based on the final digital storybook. Students will be evaluated on their use of storytelling elements, digital tools, and overall creativity.