Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Creating a Digital Portfolio
In this project, students will learn how to create a digital portfolio to showcase their work throughout the school year. The project will cover the following learning outcomes:
- Students will know how to use digital tools to create a portfolio
- Students will understand the importance of organizing and presenting their work
- Students will be able to create a digital portfolio that showcases their learning
The project will be divided into three parts:
- Introduction to digital portfolios and selecting a platform
- Organizing and uploading work to the portfolio
- Presenting the portfolio to the class
- Access to computers or tablets
- Internet access
- Access to a digital portfolio platform such as Google Sites or Weebly
Part 1: Introduction to Digital Portfolios
Begin by introducing students to the concept of digital portfolios and the benefits of creating one. Discuss different platforms that can be used to create a digital portfolio and have students select one to use for the project.
Part 2: Organizing and Uploading Work
Have students gather their work from throughout the school year and organize it into categories such as writing, math, and science. Then, have them upload their work to their digital portfolio and organize it in a visually appealing way.
Part 3: Presenting the Portfolio
Finally, have students present their digital portfolios to the class. Encourage them to discuss their favorite pieces of work and what they learned throughout the school year.
Assess students based on the completeness and organization of their digital portfolio as well as their presentation to the class.