Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Creating a Digital Portfolio
In this project, students will learn how to create a digital portfolio to showcase their work and skills. The project will cover the following learning outcomes:
- Know how to create a digital portfolio using various tools and platforms
- Understand the importance of a digital portfolio in today's job market
- Can do: Create a professional and visually appealing digital portfolio that showcases their work and skills
The project will be divided into the following steps:
- Introduction to digital portfolios and their importance in today's job market
- Researching and selecting a platform or tool to create the digital portfolio
- Creating a plan and outline for the digital portfolio
- Gathering and organizing content for the digital portfolio
- Designing and customizing the digital portfolio
- Presenting and sharing the digital portfolio with the class
- Access to computers and internet
- Various digital portfolio platforms and tools such as Wix, Weebly, Google Sites, etc.
- Rubric for assessment
1. Begin by introducing the concept of digital portfolios and their importance in today's job market. Discuss the benefits of having a digital portfolio and how it can showcase one's skills and work.
2. Provide students with a list of various digital portfolio platforms and tools. Allow them to research and select the platform or tool that they feel most comfortable using.
3. Instruct students to create a plan and outline for their digital portfolio. This should include the sections they want to include, the content they will showcase, and the overall design and layout.
4. Students should then gather and organize their content for the digital portfolio. This can include work samples, projects, resumes, and other relevant materials.
5. Instruct students to design and customize their digital portfolio using the platform or tool they have selected. Encourage them to be creative and make their portfolio visually appealing and professional.
6. Finally, students should present and share their digital portfolio with the class. This can be done through a presentation or by sharing the link to their portfolio.
Assessment will be based on the rubric provided. Students will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Professionalism and visual appeal of the digital portfolio
- Organization and structure of the digital portfolio
- Quality and relevance of the content included in the digital portfolio
- Overall effectiveness of the digital portfolio in showcasing the student's skills and work