Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Creating a Solar System Model
In this project, students will learn about the planets in our solar system and create a model of the solar system. The learning outcomes for this project include:
- Identifying the eight planets in our solar system
- Understanding the order of the planets from the sun
- Creating a model of the solar system
Students will begin by learning about the eight planets in our solar system and their order from the sun. They will then work in groups to create a model of the solar system using materials such as styrofoam balls, paint, and string. Students will be encouraged to be creative and add their own unique touches to their models.
- Styrofoam balls (one large for the sun and eight smaller for the planets)
- Introduce the eight planets in our solar system and their order from the sun.
- Divide students into groups and provide them with the necessary materials.
- Encourage students to work together to create a model of the solar system.
- Once the models are complete, have students present their models to the class and explain the order of the planets.
Assessment for this project will be based on the accuracy of the model, the order of the planets, and the presentation given by the group. Students should be able to:
- Know the eight planets in our solar system
- Understand the order of the planets from the sun
- Create a model of the solar system