Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Creating a Digital Portfolio
In this project, students will learn how to create a digital portfolio to showcase their work throughout the school year. The project will cover the following learning outcomes:
- Students will know how to use digital tools to create a portfolio
- Students will understand the importance of organizing and presenting their work
- Students will be able to create a digital portfolio that showcases their learning
The project will be divided into three parts:
- Introduction to digital portfolios and selecting a platform
- Organizing and uploading work to the portfolio
- Presenting the portfolio to the class
- Access to computers or tablets
- Internet access
- Access to a digital portfolio platform such as Google Sites or Weebly
- Rubric for assessing the portfolio
Part 1: Introduction to Digital Portfolios
Introduce the concept of digital portfolios to the class and discuss the benefits of creating one. Have students research and select a platform to use for their portfolio. Provide a list of recommended platforms if needed.
Part 2: Organizing and Uploading Work
Have students organize their work from the school year into categories such as writing, math, science, and social studies. Then, have them upload their work to their digital portfolio. Encourage students to reflect on their work and write a brief description of each piece.
Part 3: Presenting the Portfolio
Have students present their digital portfolios to the class. Encourage them to discuss their favorite pieces and what they learned throughout the school year. Use the rubric to assess the portfolios.
Assess the portfolios using the rubric provided. The rubric should include categories such as organization, presentation, and reflection.