Free Daily & Weekly Downloads
Lesson Plans on famous individuals and moments in history
Exploring Ancient Civilizations: The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire
- Know the key events and figures that shaped the Roman Empire
- Understand the social, political, and economic factors that contributed to the empire's rise and fall
- Can analyze primary and secondary sources to draw conclusions about the Roman Empire
This activity will involve a combination of individual research, group discussions, and creative presentations.
- Textbooks or online resources about the Roman Empire
- Access to a computer or tablet for research
- Art supplies for creating visual aids (optional)
- Divide the class into small groups of 3-4 students.
- Assign each group a specific aspect of the Roman Empire to research, such as its government, military, economy, or culture.
- Provide students with a list of suggested primary and secondary sources to gather information from, such as historical texts, articles, or documentaries.
- Give students time to conduct their research and take notes.
- Once the research phase is complete, have each group come together to discuss their findings and create a presentation to showcase their knowledge.
- Encourage creativity in the presentations, such as incorporating visuals, role-playing, or multimedia elements.
- Allow each group to present their findings to the class, followed by a brief Q&A session for clarification and further discussion.
- After all the presentations, lead a class discussion to compare and contrast the different aspects of the Roman Empire and its significance in history.
Assess students based on their participation in group discussions, the quality of their research notes, the creativity and effectiveness of their presentations, and their ability to answer questions during the Q&A session and class discussion.